In light of the health and safety concerns surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak, we have postponed our 2020 Season audition. At this time, we are accepting online applications to audition. If we are able to hold a future in-person audition, we want to limit the number of people in the studio for safety. We will review all submitted materials and issue invitations via email. If we cannot hold an in-person audition, we will be in touch for further materials from those we are interested in.
At this time, we continue to plan and work toward our 2020 season. We are aware that there is a possibility that all public events may remain cancelled for the duration of the summer, though we hope the city and the world rally before that time. We will maintain close communication with all who submits materials about the status of our 2020 season.
All materials are due by 11:59 pm, April 3, 2020
Please read all season information below before submitting materials
SEEKING MALE AND FEMALE DANCERS PROFICIENT IN CONTEMPORARY, MODERN, BALLET, AND JAZZ DANCE STYLES FOR OUR 2020 SUMMER SEASON OF 14 OUTDOOR PERFORMANCES IN CHICAGO PARKS.
HIRING PROFESSIONAL COMPANY DANCERS AND HIGH SCHOOL/COLLEGE LEVEL APPRENTICES
a resume and headshot
Include height and additional dance styles you have professional proficiency in (tap, hip-hop, pointe, etc)
No RSVP required
Audition will include:
- ballet class
- contemporary repertory
- process-oriented movement generation with partnering
COMMITMENT AND CONTRACT DETAILS
Dancers must be available for ALL rehearsal and performance dates and times
Per performance pay and rehearsal stipend
Dance in the Parks does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability in any of its hiring practices, activities, or operations
DANCE IN THE PARKS 2020
Our summer season will be made up of 8 pieces of choreography created on the company for 14 outdoor performances. We have 24 days of rehearsals to create/learn all the works and have them performance ready. Dancers must be able to pick up quickly and be willing to review work on their own time to keep pieces fresh while learning others.
As performances are outside and at the mercy of weather, dancers need to be ready to work outdoors and flexible in the face of last-minute changes. We're looking for smart dancers who are truly team players.
- Rehearsals will be held at Extensions Dance Center (3933 N Elston) and Dovetail Studios (2853 W Montrose) May 26-July 6 9:30-3:00 Mon - Thurs. Dancers are responsible for their own transportation.
- Dance must be available to perform all 14 shows. July 6-July 25. Car-pools can be arranged to performance venues with other dancers.
- Apprentices will perform in 1-2 pieces. They will also serve as production techs. Apprentices must be available for performance set-up (arrival 3 hours before shows), and be comfortable helping with set-up and running sound during the show. Transportation/pick-up may be arranged to get to performance venues.
- Company dancers are paid a per-performance rate and a rehearsal stipend.
- Apprentices are paid per-performance.
- Free daily class